Just about everyone wants a healthy home. Our home is a place for work, fun, rest, and relaxation. We spend a significant amount of time inside our homes, and breathing the best quality air possible can have major health benefits. Indoor air quality can be much worse than you expect, mold, pollen, household chemicals, and harmful gasses can infiltrate your home; cause discomfort, and harm. Taking steps to improve your home’s air can benefit you and your loved ones.
Here are some things to consider for a healthier home:
Proper humidity levels create an environment where you can be comfortable and bacteria cannot. Optimum humidity soothes dry nasal passages, and prevents annoyances such as static electricity. It also avoids sticky, uncomfortable rooms, and bacteria growth.
Today’s air filters are quite good at what they do. A good air filtration system can remove indoor air pollutants such as pet dander, dust, pollen, and even bacteria and other microbes. This can reduce the allergy symptoms, asthma attacks, cold and flu, and reduce wear on your heating/cooling system.
Some things to consider:
- Filter Particle Size
- Type of Filter
UV Germicidal Lights
Take your indoor air quality to the next level. These UV lights kill these living organisms and help prevent microbial growth on the indoor coil. This prevents the spread of bacteria and viruses into your home through the ductwork.
Variable Speed Systems
One thing that is often overlooked when thinking of improving your home’s health is noise. Your noisy air conditioner, or heater can be quite disturbing, and cause your room temperature to fluctuate greatly. Enter the Variable Speed System. This system operates in a manner that is miles apart from single speed systems. By having the motor run continually at varying speeds, these systems offer extremely quiet operation, improved air circulation, and excellent temperature control. On top of it all, Variable Speed Systems are energy efficient, and can lower your energy bills.
Carbon Monoxide Monitors
Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas that prevents your body from absorbing oxygen. Malfunctioning or improperly installed household objects can produce this gas, such as: fireplaces, water heaters, stoves, furnaces, and portable heaters. Protect your family from this deadly gas by installing a carbon monoxide monitor.