Quality HVAC Services | Air Conditioning Repair Plano, TX
When cooler temperatures begin to arrive in the fall we begin to experience an increased demand for our quality HVAC services, and emergency heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX start to fill the schedule. Calls are often for due to the emergency of a family with no heat.
A large number of these emergencies are preventable, or would have been less costly with routine professional maintenance and timely heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX. Pre-season maintenance by a certified HVAC professional doesn’t guarantee the system won’t experience problems, though it will ensure it is operating properly and safely. Routine maintenance reduces the likelihood of furnace failure, and the number of breakdowns. The best option is to be prepared for extreme weather.
Homeowners can help reduce problems by providing filter changes as recommended by the manufacturer. Dirty filters diminish furnace efficiency, while the strain on the system will cause premature wear, dangerous overheating and failure of the affected components.
The frequency of filter changes will depend upon the type of filter used, the conditions in the home affecting how quickly it becomes dirty, and the manufacturer’s recommendation. As a general rule, if you use the cheap blue fiberglass filters it should be changed monthly, whereas pleated filters can be changed every three months when operating under normal conditions. A good rule of thumb is to check the filter monthly, and change it if required.
When extreme weather hits, the demand for heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX can back up quickly. Having a safe source of back up heat will ensure your family stays warm while waiting for help to arrive. An additional thought to keep in mind is that heaters tend to sell fast when extreme cold is due to arrive. Backup heat may be difficult to find when you will need it the most.
Preparing in advance will prevent being caught without backup heat while you wait for a technician to arrive to provide heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX. It’s a good idea for homeowner’s to keep several space heaters on hand. Electric, oil filled heaters are one of the safest, reliable options available for backup heating.
For your family’s safety, never use a fossil fuel type of heater that isn’t properly vented for exhausting carbon monoxide gas to the outside of the home.
Before Scheduling Furnace Repair
So often an emergency service call is due to something as simple as a family member cut the power off and forgot about it. When the furnace won’t heat, check the following before calling for help:
- Check the thermostat. First, ensure it is set to HEAT
- Next ensure the fan is set to AUTO (a fan set on RUN or Manual may be the cause of your furnace blowing cold air, as the fan runs continuously)
- Thirdly, check the temperature setting. A thermostat set to your nightly 65 degrees Farenheit won’t cut on until the temperature falls below 65. If the home temperature is 66, the heat won’t run when set on 65. Turn it up and see if the furnace will produce heat.
- If the furnace is a gas burner check the gas meter to conform the meter hasn’t been cut off. If the utility supplier has shut the gas off they typically place a lock on the valve. Don’t assume because you paid your bill, it hasn’t been shut off, errors can occur.
- For a propane furnace ensure the tank isn’t empty by checking its gauge.
- Confirm the furnace breaker in the electrical panel is on.
- Ensure the power switch on or near the furnace is on.
- Inspect the filter. A dirty filter can cause the furnace to overheat triggering a shut-off safety feature on some units.
If the problem remains unresolved, contact us for heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX.
Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Plano, TX vs. Replacement
There are several reasons for using a qualified and reputable HVAC company. Numerous homeowners want to save money and go with the cheapest provider. Cheapest doesn’t mean they are unqualified, but it may mean you are receiving a poorer grade of equipment when replacing a system. The following tips will help to ensure quality equipment and service:
- Purchase a top quality brand
- Ensure the equipment is properly sized for your home. Improper sizing will result in premature failure and potentially dangerous conditions.
- Hire a first class professional to provide the installation. Ask if their technicians are NATE certified, background checked and drug screened. Check to ensure the company is a member of the BBB and their rating.
To ensure the best possible efficiency, longevity, reduced cost of heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX and safe operation, change the filters and provide annual maintenance. The cost of an annual service call will more than pay for itself in the long run.
For certified and experienced technicians you can trust with your heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX and installations, schedule the quality HVAC services our professionals are known for. Our installations are accurately configured for your home’s requirements. Incredibly, the majority of HVAC installations provided each year nationwide is inaccurately sized for the home and its individual characteristics affecting energy efficiency. When you use Garland Heating and Air Conditioning professionals for installation of a new HVAC system you will never have to deal with the problems associated with improper installation.
Our certified professionals take the services we provide to heart. We are dedicated to your comfort, safety and satisfaction and provide quality HVAC services that meet or exceed the industry standards. Our technicians are NATE certified, background checked and drug tested. We take it even further by hiring only the best in the industry to ensure quality heating and air conditioning repair in Plano, TX and HVAC installation. Our professionals serve Dallas, Plano and the surrounding areas, and provide emergency HVAC service 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for your convenience. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.