If you’re facing a new heating and air conditioning in Dallas, TX installation, you will undoubtedly consider energy efficiency. However, the system’s lifespan and performance are also essential factors to consider. Ensuring the right system, and size, along with a professional installation by a certified HVAC technician will provide both the proper performance and the anticipated lifespan with proper maintenance. A heat pump offers an energy efficient option to consider. Due to the technological advances in the past few years, replacing a worn ten or 15 year old heating and air conditioning in Dallas, TX with a modern heat pump, can save you up to 30 percent on the cost of energy.
The importance of a professional installation often goes unrecognized. Yet it is a critical factor in receiving the peak performance, energy efficiency, and long-term lifespan of the system. An improper installation can reduce the performance of a new system by as much as 30%. Garland Heating and Air Conditioning NATE certified technicians will provide the professional installation you expect with a new installation or replacement. We back our installations by with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so don’t wait. Give us a call today to schedule installation.
The Heat Pump Advantage
Heat pumps offer a number of advantages over other HVAC systems. First, a heat pump provides both heating and cooling in a single system. Next, electric heat pumps operate cleanly without any harmful exhaust going into the environment.
Modern heat pumps aren’t like your granddads. Older heat pumps required auxiliary heat when the temperature fell below 37 degrees F. Today’s heat pump relies on newer refrigerants maintaining your comfort and improved energy efficiency even in extreme cold without auxiliary heat to zero degrees.
Heat Pump Efficiency
Today’s air-source heat pumps provide greater efficiency and performance than ever before. Advances in technology, and improvements in existing technology include:
· Variable speed blowers provide higher efficiency, and greater comfort than a single speed blower offers. A single speed blower operates at one speed consistently. Variable speed technology senses the speed required based on the indoor environment and provides just what is required. This saves energy, improves comfort, and provides better humidity control with the use of the home’s air conditioning in Dallas, TX during the summer.
· Two-stage and variable speed compressors increase energy efficiency, performance, and improved humidity control in the cooling mode. As a result, you will see improved comfort and a reduced energy bill.
As you can see, variable speed technology controls the humidity better than ever during the cooling season. The technology enables the system to produce the air conditioning in Dallas, TX and dehumidification the indoor environment calls for. Single speed technology operates at only one speed – wide open from start to finish. This saves you money, while producing the ideal indoor environment.
Heat pumps can provide a solution for almost any home’s heating and air conditioning needs. The conventional air source heat pump remains a common choice for homeowners wanting comfort, value and efficiency. The geothermal heat pump is the gold standard for any homeowner seeking superior performance and energy efficiency in almost any environments. Mini-split heat pumps are an alternative for homes or additions lacking ducts, or for those who want to save even more energy by zoning.
ENERGY STAR Heat Pumps
The heat pump provides energy efficient heating and air conditioning by providing by generating as much as four times the amount of energy consumed. In addition, ENERGY STAR heat pumps consume up to 30% less energy than a standard heat pump. An Energy Star heat pump ensures you of receiving the highest available reliability, and energy efficiency.
Sizing is Essential
It can’t be stressed often enough how important proper sizing is. In fact, wrong sizing is a common occurrence. Ensuring your home receives the proper size heating and air conditioning in Dallas, TX is a key factor in receiving the best performance, energy efficiency, and the longest lifespan. Wrong-size installations can result in the following problems:
· An oversized HVAC system short cycles. This means it operates in a short time at maximum power and shuts off quickly. The system fails to run long enough to remove excess humidity from the air in the home, increases your discomfort by making you feel hotter than it actually is. Furthermore, because the system is always running at maximum speed and production the lifespan of the unit is reduced and energy bills increased.
· An undersized HVAC system runs excessively, often non-stop in extreme weather. This causes premature wear and tear on the system, and a reduced lifespan for the heating and air conditioning in Dallas, TX.
A qualified Garland HVAC technician will use the industry guidelines for determining the proper size unit for your home. A few of these numerous guidelines include:
· Local climate conditions for the home’s location
· The facing direction, size and insulating qualities of windows and doors
· The home’s level of insulation
· Type, size and location of trees
· Square footage and ceiling height, and numerous other factors
Remember, an Energy Star unit ensures you receive reliable, high-efficiency heating and air conditioning in Dallas, TX.
Contact a Garland Heating and Air Conditioning NATE
certified HVAC professional for
additional information about a heat pump. We can assist you in selecting
the heat pump system that is right for your home’s heating and air
conditioning in Dallas, TX. We serve Dallas, Plano and the surrounding
areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.