Tips for Homeowners | Air Conditioning Repair Dallas
It’s difficult for the majority of people to imagine life without air conditioning. Air conditioning cools and dehumidifies the air in the home maintaining your comfort, despite the high temperatures outside. The majority of scientists now agree that global warming is a fact, rather than theory. Whether global warming is behind climate change or not, there’s no doubt that the summers are getting hotter and the winters colder in numerous regions of the nation. Another fact of American life today, is that both spouses typically work. Having a busy schedule means it’s often difficult to find time to schedule air conditioning repair in Dallas when the air conditioner acts up.
Maintaining the air conditioner at its peak efficiency not only helps to maintain a comfortable home, it ensures a greater likelihood that it will continue to do so for years to come. There’s numerous reasons why air conditioning repair in Dallas should not be delayed, let’s examine a few of those.
Providing timely air conditioning repair in Dallas when there’s a problem will restore the HVAC system to the greatest peak performance possible, ensuring the efficient operation of the system.
Consequently, reducing the added stress on a poorly functioning system with repair will prevent further unnecessary wear and tear on the system. The failure to provide timely repairs may result in costly repairs, or even the need for system replacement.
Air Conditioner Maintenance
Routine maintenance on the air conditioning system can save up to 15% or more on the system’s energy consumption. An annual professional tune-up is the best means of providing the maintenance that will ensure the HVAC system operates at peak performance, while extending its service life.
While there’s little that the homeowner can provide in terms of actual maintenance on the HVAC system, there are steps the homeowner can provide to maximize the system’s performance, and help to maintain its operation for years to come.
The following tips will assist homeowners’ to ensure optimal operation and prevention of unnecessary stress on the system, stressors that may result in the need for air conditioning repair in Dallas.
Tips for Homeowners
- Ensure the areas surrounding an outdoor condenser are clear of objects and vegetation. When mowing the lawn position the grass discharge of the mower away from the condenser to prevent throwing grass clippings and dirt on the unit, which can adversely affect its performance.
- For indoor condensers such as those located in a garage, ensure all objects such as furniture, boxes or other objects are a safe distance away from the condenser. These items can not only block the air flow, they could fall onto the unit causing damage.
- It’s up to the homeowner to provide the filter changes or filter cleanings that your system requires. A dirty filter can affect the air flow through the system, and result in premature wear and tear. In addition, a dirty filter can affect the performance of the coil. The issues caused by a dirty filter are likely to result in the need for air conditioning repair in Dallas. An example of a problem that a dirty filter can cause is the need for coil cleaning.
- For proper air circulation, ensure vent registers are free of blockage or impediments. For example, a register located under a coffee table will affect air flow. Closing registers off will affect the pressure balance of the system, for the best performance and system longevity do not close registers. Ensure registers are free of drapes, furniture or objects that can block air flow.
- Do not block the air return (the component in which you replace the air filter). Keep furniture, boxes or other objects away from the air return. Not only will performance be affected, costly damage and premature wear on the system can occur.
- During the summer, setting the thermostat to 78 degrees while family members’ are home and raising it to 80 degrees when all occupants are away will reduce energy costs and assist in extending the service life of your system. During the winter, set the thermostat on 68 degrees during the hours when family members are home and active. While family members’ sleep or are away from home, you can save from ½ to 1% for each degree the temperature is lowered according to the EPA.
- Installing a programmable thermostat will enable you to preset a schedule that can be manually overridden without affecting the programmed schedule.
Garland Heating & Air Conditioning can provide the professional service you need to maintain your homes comfort with air conditioning repair in Dallas. Browse our website for further information regarding our full range of heating and air conditioning services, including air conditioning installation, air conditioning repair in Dallas, and maintenance.